Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays
.........crazy days, crazy recipe!
This is our oven hole which has been our pantry for a couple of decades. Everything is moved out of it and covers my entire kitchen as you can see. It also litters the rest of the small kitchen and the dining room table and a card table and part of the floor!  Tomorrow I will have a wall oven in the oven hole and I am so excited. But, since I like a clean, orderly kitchen, and this one is a mess right now, it is driving me crazy.

Tuesdays are "Tasty Tuesdays"----days in which I post about food. I am very busy today cleaning and re-arranging everything so, I am simply going to post a recipe.

The following recipe has been enjoyed over the years by our family and by guests.

It's simple but doesn't look like it is. My favorite kind of recipe!

Crazy Crust Pizza
This recipe has "From the Kitchen of Marsha" written on it.
I've known many Marshas over the years.
Whoever and wherever you are, thank you, Marsha!

Crust: 
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons oregano or basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 eggs
1 1/3 cup milk

Topping:
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
about 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1  8 oz. can of tomato sauce with 1/2 teaspoon oregano or basil added
1 cup grated cheese---I use mozzarella and Parmesan

Grease cookie sheet and dust with cornmeal. Pour batter onto sheet. Add all toppings except the sauce and cheese.
Bake at 425 * for about 25 minutes
Add sauce and cheese.
Bake 10 more minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!

**I use whole grain flour, no salt and add diced green peppers and olives to the pizza. When I make it for company I may add other toppings too and I usually make two. It's easy because you can make the crust ahead of time and add the sauce and toppings later.

I do this because I have only one, unmovable oven rack. I also cook it at a lower temp because my oven is kinda' crazy and the unmovable rack is on the lowest setting.  Oh, wait! Tomorrow I will have three movable oven racks to use in my new oven! And an oven light!  Crazy!

Have a great Tuesday!
Kathi~


2 comments:

  1. So outside of eggs there is no rising ingredient? Could you also look at the amount of milk you have listed for the crust. Might need an adjustment there.
    Cheers!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, Janet. The eggs are the only leavening.
      Thanks for the heads up on the typo regarding the amount of milk. I changed it! Wonder how much milk 1/13 cup would be? Ha!

      Delete