Shopping Day...........sigh...........
Today dawned sunny, clear and gorgeous. I was excited to spend a good part of the day in town. My husband pulled my Jeep up in front of the rock walkway from the house and left the motor running so the car would be toasty for me. Then he left to get more fire wood and the rest of some hens friends gave us.
I had gotten ready and was all set to go. I got about 3 ft. from the front door when I realized the porch was glazed over with ice from the fog we had overnight. I got out a rag towel and tried to lay it down to step on giving me traction to get off the porch. The towel froze to the porch and I could not move it while I stood on it. I called my husband who was on his way back this direction and he helped me into the car. I was worried about parking lots in town but, although I had to walk much more slowly than normal, they were just slushy like a partially-melted snow cone. I never found close-up parking spots but managed to do all right.
It was a totally uneventful day, not boring, not exciting, not even especially fun. I found no hidden sales, didn't have any killer coupons, didn't run into anyone I knew. Traffic wasn't even bad, no one was rude or incompetent. I found everything I needed. Easily.
When I arrived home I was greeted by my husband who helped me up the still-slippery steps and then went out to bring everything inside. The house was so warm and inviting. I made, and we ate, dinner.
I don't remember any day in my life being quite so dull. It was a bland day. Some days are like that.
I had gotten ready and was all set to go. I got about 3 ft. from the front door when I realized the porch was glazed over with ice from the fog we had overnight. I got out a rag towel and tried to lay it down to step on giving me traction to get off the porch. The towel froze to the porch and I could not move it while I stood on it. I called my husband who was on his way back this direction and he helped me into the car. I was worried about parking lots in town but, although I had to walk much more slowly than normal, they were just slushy like a partially-melted snow cone. I never found close-up parking spots but managed to do all right.
It was a totally uneventful day, not boring, not exciting, not even especially fun. I found no hidden sales, didn't have any killer coupons, didn't run into anyone I knew. Traffic wasn't even bad, no one was rude or incompetent. I found everything I needed. Easily.
When I arrived home I was greeted by my husband who helped me up the still-slippery steps and then went out to bring everything inside. The house was so warm and inviting. I made, and we ate, dinner.
I don't remember any day in my life being quite so dull. It was a bland day. Some days are like that.
Yawn..........................
Goodnight~
Goodnight~
No comments:
Post a Comment