Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday is.........?


Several old poems and children's songs list what is to be done on each day of the week.
Most of them assign Monday as wash day.
I rarely do laundry on Monday since I have it all caught up hopefully by Friday.
Today, for me, was reorganize-the-kitchen-day.
We are expecting the arrival of a wall oven this week.
Our charming 1950's  oven is on its last leg and rather than wait until it stops working altogether and since the Lord has blessed us with extra income right now, we decided  to buy one.
We got quite a good deal on a last-year's-model brand new one on eBay.
The wall oven  was supposed to arrive this Friday
 but we found out this morning it will be delivered Wednesday instead.  
Soooooo, I am scrambling to find places for all the things that have occupied
the space fondly (???) referred to as "the oven hole" 
----- the only above-counter cabinet ----- 
for the past 25 years. 
I stayed up longer than I choose to admit taking everything out of the oven hole, 
finding places for some things,
losing precious counter space, and excitedly looking forward to finishing the job today.
But, this morning my husband suggested we go to town to find some accessories
that would help us put away the pantry (yes, we have no pantry)
 items in our very small kitchen.
We left about noon and got home about 7 hours later.
After combing every hardware, restaurant supply, second-hand and discount store
we finally found, quite by accident, the perfect solution and it cost a whole lot less than it would have to piece together anything we looked at or to have something made.
My husband is now assembling it and I can't wait to start putting things on it.
It is not fancy---just a powder-coated black metal industrial shelving unit.
 But to me it is a beautiful piece of furniture!
It is a new kitchen!
I can't wait to put my staples in gallon glass jars on it,
hang a few antique kitchen items I have inherited over many years
 and stack towels, add organizers filled with spices and make a baking center on part of it!
Soooooo, 
if Monday is supposed to be wash day by some unspoken tradition or children's song
I am glad that the Lord had other plans for me today!
Oh! I just realized that I get to do what I set out to do today anyway,
 along with having a fun day in town with the hubs!
I really do LOVE Mondays!
Kathi~

No comments:

Post a Comment