Doing the Best With What You've Not Got......Yet?
.....dishwashers,ovens and trucks, oh, my!
While visions of a super-clean, redecorated, reorganized kitchen with a new wall oven danced in my head last night, reality struck again, and again......and, yes, again!.
My husband put a new seal in our dish washer and except for not being able to open or close the door by myself for a couple days while the seal softened a bit, and the soap dispenser not opening (but working okay anyway) I was happy.
Last night I loaded ---- okay, stuffed ----the last fork and dish into the dishwasher, added the detergent, closed the door ---- or attempted to ---- over and over until I gave up. Sigh. My husband is buying or ordering a part to fix the door latch while in town today picking up our new wall oven. I was not totally happy but rolling with the punches. I slept well.
Punch number two. The phone rang in the other room. By the time I reached it the caller had hung up. I called the number back seeing that it was Fed Ex. I assumed they were calling to say that the oven was ready to be picked up. A man answered when I called back and told me that my husband was trying to reach me. Uh-oh, my heart began to sink.
About that time, still in the other room, my cell phone began to ring. So, I rushed back into the office with the Fed Ex guy still on the other phone. It was my hubby via a Fed Ex phone. I couldn't hear him at first but eventually heard him say that the oven was there but was not the one he ordered. He had me go back onto eBay to make sure he had ordered the right one which he had. I gave him the number of the seller whom he called. The man was very sorry. Things are being worked out. Problem is that if we got the oven someone else ordered then they probably got ours. This shouldn't be a problem except that now "our" oven has to be tracked, the owners of the oven we received have to be contacted and ovens need to be switched. Worst-case scenario: it could be that the oven we bought might have been sold by mistake to a totally different customer in which case I don't know what is going to happen. At best, we will have to wait longer to get our oven which though a pain, is not a big deal----as long as we get the oven we ordered eventually. Oh, but I'm not done........
My husband put a new seal in our dish washer and except for not being able to open or close the door by myself for a couple days while the seal softened a bit, and the soap dispenser not opening (but working okay anyway) I was happy.
Last night I loaded ---- okay, stuffed ----the last fork and dish into the dishwasher, added the detergent, closed the door ---- or attempted to ---- over and over until I gave up. Sigh. My husband is buying or ordering a part to fix the door latch while in town today picking up our new wall oven. I was not totally happy but rolling with the punches. I slept well.
Punch number two. The phone rang in the other room. By the time I reached it the caller had hung up. I called the number back seeing that it was Fed Ex. I assumed they were calling to say that the oven was ready to be picked up. A man answered when I called back and told me that my husband was trying to reach me. Uh-oh, my heart began to sink.
About that time, still in the other room, my cell phone began to ring. So, I rushed back into the office with the Fed Ex guy still on the other phone. It was my hubby via a Fed Ex phone. I couldn't hear him at first but eventually heard him say that the oven was there but was not the one he ordered. He had me go back onto eBay to make sure he had ordered the right one which he had. I gave him the number of the seller whom he called. The man was very sorry. Things are being worked out. Problem is that if we got the oven someone else ordered then they probably got ours. This shouldn't be a problem except that now "our" oven has to be tracked, the owners of the oven we received have to be contacted and ovens need to be switched. Worst-case scenario: it could be that the oven we bought might have been sold by mistake to a totally different customer in which case I don't know what is going to happen. At best, we will have to wait longer to get our oven which though a pain, is not a big deal----as long as we get the oven we ordered eventually. Oh, but I'm not done........
While my husband and I were on the phone he told me he is having truck problems-----again! The truck is dying about several seconds so he is limping through traffic to get to our mechanic. If the truck cannot be fixed right away ---- and from past experience, I doubt that it can. I may have to drive to town and past it to another town to pick up my husband. From there we will probably finish running errands in town.
I am not feeling well. I am craving hot tea and toast which I only do when ill. I am wearing loung-y, soft, warm, couch-potato clothes and don't want to go out, but of course I must. Well, maybe not, but probably. I will do this by God's grace hopefully, prayerfully, without complaining and in His strength. I am very tired today.
On a good note, I was able to start some chicken soup, which should be ready by dinner time when my husband and I will more than likely get home!
Patience, ah, patience. Don't we love to have it? Don't we hate to have to learn it? Doesn't it seem that lessons in patience come pretty frequently? Yeah.......
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1: 1-4
I wonder what, other than learning patience and testing our faith, God has for us in this string of little trials. These are not huge trials but we will be exercised by them, none the less. As I looked for a fitting verse in God's Word I kept thinking that what we are dealing with today are not big enough to be called tribulations or really, trials. But then our God is a big God who is present in even the smallest of things. We must not think so little of Him that we think He is only interested in the BIG things. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. He knows of each sparrow that falls. He takes care of the creatures and even the plants he has created. Take everything, no matter how small, to Him in prayer.
And know this:
"...giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge, and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity..." 2 Peter 1:5-7
I will rest in that and the peace God has given me not to get upset which is what I would do in the flesh! I will trust Him for the strength I need today not feeling well, and for any other disappointments or trials He sends. I know that everything, EVERYTHING, that comes our way is for our eternal good and His glory. What comfort that brings.
God is good and one day, maybe even tonight, we will laugh together about this day. Okay, maybe tomorrow......
Kathi~
I am not feeling well. I am craving hot tea and toast which I only do when ill. I am wearing loung-y, soft, warm, couch-potato clothes and don't want to go out, but of course I must. Well, maybe not, but probably. I will do this by God's grace hopefully, prayerfully, without complaining and in His strength. I am very tired today.
On a good note, I was able to start some chicken soup, which should be ready by dinner time when my husband and I will more than likely get home!
Patience, ah, patience. Don't we love to have it? Don't we hate to have to learn it? Doesn't it seem that lessons in patience come pretty frequently? Yeah.......
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
James 1: 1-4
I wonder what, other than learning patience and testing our faith, God has for us in this string of little trials. These are not huge trials but we will be exercised by them, none the less. As I looked for a fitting verse in God's Word I kept thinking that what we are dealing with today are not big enough to be called tribulations or really, trials. But then our God is a big God who is present in even the smallest of things. We must not think so little of Him that we think He is only interested in the BIG things. He knows the number of hairs on our heads. He knows of each sparrow that falls. He takes care of the creatures and even the plants he has created. Take everything, no matter how small, to Him in prayer.
And know this:
"...giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge, and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity..." 2 Peter 1:5-7
I will rest in that and the peace God has given me not to get upset which is what I would do in the flesh! I will trust Him for the strength I need today not feeling well, and for any other disappointments or trials He sends. I know that everything, EVERYTHING, that comes our way is for our eternal good and His glory. What comfort that brings.
God is good and one day, maybe even tonight, we will laugh together about this day. Okay, maybe tomorrow......
Kathi~
No comments:
Post a Comment