My Inspiration
On a crisp, windy Fall day my elementary school was excused early to see the movie "So Dear to My Heart"----a charming and fun story of a young boy living on his Christian grandmother's farm. The boy decides to enter a small black lamb into the county fair hoping he would be the champion. Despite discouragement from those around him including the rambunctious lamb and because of the encouragement of an animated singing owl and other creatures he perseveres. The movie used regular actors, animated creatures and song. Two of the songs ran through the story. One was on perseverance, sticking to a task until it is accomplished. The other song was about doing the best with what you've got. Though I am sure these virtues left my mind as I left the auditorium they resurfaced later in my adult life in hard times especially.
We tend to become weary in well doing. We complain. We get the idea we don't have enough of what we need or want, don't have enough money for either. And we often lack the time to do what we should. First, we actually deserve nothing, we never lack any good thing, we need to live within our means and if we lack time we may be doing things that are not truly necessary. Society feeds this discontent as do the "Joneses" with whom there is an ongoing battle to keep up! We need to look at our roles differently. We need to be faithful in our roles as women at home. We need to persevere. We can be faithful and yet be discontent. I believe there is a grave need for more joy in our lives. I do not mean, smiling through trials pretending nothing is wrong. I do not believe if we do everything right there will be no trials.Jesus wept. We weep with those who weep. This is life. I seek a greater, deeper joy. We need to see and make more beauty in our lives.
Tomorrow we will meet on my porch using much creativity to disregard the snow and cold. The outside of the house is the first impression of the home, the hint of what lies beyond the door, drawing one in to its calm refuge. We will talk of first impressions, decorating , curb appeal, simple beauty ideas for different seasons.
The poem reference below describes some of what I am talking about. The simple joys in caring for our homes. I hope you enjoy it. It is short and quite old, so, I hope you can find it. I have it in the book
1000 Beautiful Things, a collection of poetry and prose compiled by Marjorie Barrows.
On a crisp, windy Fall day my elementary school was excused early to see the movie "So Dear to My Heart"----a charming and fun story of a young boy living on his Christian grandmother's farm. The boy decides to enter a small black lamb into the county fair hoping he would be the champion. Despite discouragement from those around him including the rambunctious lamb and because of the encouragement of an animated singing owl and other creatures he perseveres. The movie used regular actors, animated creatures and song. Two of the songs ran through the story. One was on perseverance, sticking to a task until it is accomplished. The other song was about doing the best with what you've got. Though I am sure these virtues left my mind as I left the auditorium they resurfaced later in my adult life in hard times especially.
We tend to become weary in well doing. We complain. We get the idea we don't have enough of what we need or want, don't have enough money for either. And we often lack the time to do what we should. First, we actually deserve nothing, we never lack any good thing, we need to live within our means and if we lack time we may be doing things that are not truly necessary. Society feeds this discontent as do the "Joneses" with whom there is an ongoing battle to keep up! We need to look at our roles differently. We need to be faithful in our roles as women at home. We need to persevere. We can be faithful and yet be discontent. I believe there is a grave need for more joy in our lives. I do not mean, smiling through trials pretending nothing is wrong. I do not believe if we do everything right there will be no trials.Jesus wept. We weep with those who weep. This is life. I seek a greater, deeper joy. We need to see and make more beauty in our lives.
Tomorrow we will meet on my porch using much creativity to disregard the snow and cold. The outside of the house is the first impression of the home, the hint of what lies beyond the door, drawing one in to its calm refuge. We will talk of first impressions, decorating , curb appeal, simple beauty ideas for different seasons.
The poem reference below describes some of what I am talking about. The simple joys in caring for our homes. I hope you enjoy it. It is short and quite old, so, I hope you can find it. I have it in the book
1000 Beautiful Things, a collection of poetry and prose compiled by Marjorie Barrows.
The Elfin Wife by Jake Falstaff
Goodnight! Kathi~
Goodnight! Kathi~
No comments:
Post a Comment