Recipe for Tortilla Stack
I realized that I didn't say how I made the Tortilla Stack last night.
I don't use recipes usually, but I forgot that most people do.
Tortilla Stack
about 6 corn tortillas-or you could use flour tortillas of any kind
about 1 cup sour cream
about 1 cup grated cheese of choice
one very small onion cut and separated into rings
about 1 cup of salsa
you can also add beans to this dish or meat, chicken---I just used what I had on hand and needed to use up
toppings: anything you like or have on hand. I used avocado a cherry tomato, olives and tortilla chips
Spray or grease baking dish
sprinkle bottom-of-the-bag chips in dish
add one tortilla--mine were still frozen but I got them apart using a dinner knife that I inserted between
the frozen tortillas and hit with my hand ---they usually come apart easily this way
add equal amounts sour cream and salsa to the tortilla
sprinkle with a small amount of grated cheese
repeat until tortillas are used up
top with same and add any toppings above---or use your imagination!
Bake at 325* to 350* until cheese is bubbling.
Serve atop shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes with a salad or present with cukes, peppers, cauliflower
or whatever you like and have on hand on the side of the dish. Dress salad with a mixture of sour
cream and salsa.
*** I used up leftover sour cream, cheese, salsa, tortillas, avocado and the last of two bags of tortilla chips.
Saving tip:
When I get to the bottom of a bag of tortilla chips I roll the bag up and stick it in my pantry. I use these broken chips to add to taco salads, to put around Mexican omelettes, to top Tortilla Soup, and as a bottom or top to many Mexican recipes. Sometimes I crunch it up even smaller and use it to coat chicken or fish that I am going to bake.
Have fun cooking. And please share any new ideas with me on this blog. Thanks!
Kathi~
I don't use recipes usually, but I forgot that most people do.
Tortilla Stack
about 6 corn tortillas-or you could use flour tortillas of any kind
about 1 cup sour cream
about 1 cup grated cheese of choice
one very small onion cut and separated into rings
about 1 cup of salsa
you can also add beans to this dish or meat, chicken---I just used what I had on hand and needed to use up
toppings: anything you like or have on hand. I used avocado a cherry tomato, olives and tortilla chips
Spray or grease baking dish
sprinkle bottom-of-the-bag chips in dish
add one tortilla--mine were still frozen but I got them apart using a dinner knife that I inserted between
the frozen tortillas and hit with my hand ---they usually come apart easily this way
add equal amounts sour cream and salsa to the tortilla
sprinkle with a small amount of grated cheese
repeat until tortillas are used up
top with same and add any toppings above---or use your imagination!
Bake at 325* to 350* until cheese is bubbling.
Serve atop shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes with a salad or present with cukes, peppers, cauliflower
or whatever you like and have on hand on the side of the dish. Dress salad with a mixture of sour
cream and salsa.
*** I used up leftover sour cream, cheese, salsa, tortillas, avocado and the last of two bags of tortilla chips.
Saving tip:
When I get to the bottom of a bag of tortilla chips I roll the bag up and stick it in my pantry. I use these broken chips to add to taco salads, to put around Mexican omelettes, to top Tortilla Soup, and as a bottom or top to many Mexican recipes. Sometimes I crunch it up even smaller and use it to coat chicken or fish that I am going to bake.
Have fun cooking. And please share any new ideas with me on this blog. Thanks!
Kathi~
No comments:
Post a Comment