Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello and welcome to Homemaking in Hard Times
...what I hope to accomplish by doing this blog:


I hope to encourage creativity which increases fulfillment in the home, especially during hard times. Facing hard times head-on as a challenge requiring creativity can lead to great satisfaction and joy.

A  homemaker's attitude affects life in her home. Her mood becomes the flavor of the home. Things that affect our hearts are things we need to deal with first.

I will share with you what I believe, but I will not preach at you. I do not intend to debate, cause strife, find fault or complain. There are many good (and bad) blogs that do those things. I will recommend blogs, sites, books and even movies that I've found helpful. I will also draw from my own life experiences. I hope to encourage you, enlighten you, share some perhaps out-of-the-box ideas to make your life more beautiful, easier and less expensive. I hope you find this helpful. I hope your life becomes more enjoyable because of it.

My next post will tell you a little about me and how I was inspired to do the best with what I've got.
After that we will visit the rooms of my home discussing different topics as we go into each section. On the porch we will discuss hospitality, drawing people into your home, our hearts in the home and the hearts of our homes. In my kitchen we'll share cooking ideas, recipes, leftovers, feeding a family nutritiously, easily and inexpensively, and how to entertain,  and how to  help the needy on any budget. The art of hiding imperfections in the home, beautifying inexpensively, re-purposing, using what you have, cleaning, tackling clutter, how to organize and more........will be shared in each room of my house.
Thank you for reading my first blog. I hope you'll visit soon again and often. Kathi~

7 comments:

  1. This is going to be super!!! I'm excited to read more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you very much, Tammy. I am excited that you read this and can't wait to add more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathi, your first blog is beautiful it pulled me in! I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind, thank you for the encouragement. I hope I don't disappoint you, Mary. I'm excited to write more tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you wont disappoint!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, again, Mary! I'll be writing my fourth blog this afternoon. I'm so new at this that I am having a little trouble with the technical side of it. But I will try to be creative and persevere---ha!

      Delete
  5. Having trouble accessing my blog. Been trying all afternoon. Everything that was there yesterday is now gone. I am working to fix this. Sorry............

    ReplyDelete