Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013


Food Fight!!!!!!
....is anybody hungry?

Since Monday  is a full day for me after a busy weekend and Sunday activities I have decided that will be my day to post about food----recipes, creative leftover-ing, shopping......
This will be quicker for me leaving me more time to reclaim peace and order in our home.

I hope you find my Monday blogs helpful and fun. I believe God designed us to be nourished by food and to enjoy it.

I need to explain first that we are into good nutrition. I am not going to try to talk you into it nor will I apologize for it. This will not be a Food Fight!

Organic, whole foods, whole grain, not-farmed, wild-caught, no artificial coloring, natural, pasture-fed, fair-trade, home-grown, un-sprayed, pesticide-free, no MSG, no artificial ingredients, no hormones, raw are words that describe the foods we have eaten for most of our marriage.We spend a little extra  when it is within our means and available to do so.  But we do not refuse to eat at friends'  homes who do not eat this way, and we do eat at restaurants, even (gasp!) fast-food restaurants. But the main staples in our kitchen are the healthiest in all categories above. So, when I list an ingredient just know that it is the healthier version that I use and do whatever you want to do with that.

If you want to know how to change your pantry to use natural ingredients I'll be happy to answer questions, make suggestions or refer you to a site that already exists to do just that. There are lots of good ones out there. I will also show you how to use regular recipes and make them more healthful by substituting ingredients.

I don't like to cook!  I really dislike following recipes. But more than that, I hate to waste what we've spent money on.  I warn you, most of my recipes are from scratch using a little of this, a pinch of that. I do not measure unless I am baking. Baking involves chemistry and to change recipes without knowing what you're doing will lead to a few delicious surprises but mostly disasters that you hope the chickens will eat and pray will not kill them! This is why I don't bake often. The creative/rebellious part of me just has to change something! So, if this drives you crazy, don't read my Monday blogs! But I hope you will because I think creativity makes daily meal preparation  fun!

 Kathi~

5 comments:

  1. Oooo I'd love to know how to change my pantry over!! Please share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tammy. I'll have to write on that soon. Probably when I get through a couple other rooms and venture into the kitchen. Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized my blog clock is off. I wrote the above today, January 7, at almost 2AM. I'll keep trying to change it---there's gotta' be a way! Doesn't really matter though......I guess. ;}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Your baking comments remind me of Love Comes Softly (book not movie), when she makes the biscuits that even the dog couldn't eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that book! About 31 years ago our pastor at that time recommended that all the men in the congregation read that book----to better understand their wives.

    ReplyDelete