Tasty Tuesday .......new leftover thread I can't wait to enjoy the vegetable beef soup I made yesterday in my crockpot. It is a gloomy, cooler day-------soup sounds
just right along with some kind of homemade bread and a nice
dinner salad.
I am including some of my "freebie" meals from the freezer this week.
I am determined to finish de-cluttering the house and re-purposing
what we had to take out of the kitchen in order to fit the new oven.
Already-cooked meals will be very helpful.
On Wednesday I will take out some of the beef in the soup, shred it
and serve it in a couple tacos along with 1/2 of one of my small
frozen pans of enchiladas.
I will fry up the rest of the tortillas in the shape of tacos
and fill them with beans and cheese to freeze for a "freebie" meal
later on. It's a recipe I found on Pinterest through a friend. Although it calls for pre-made taco shells it will easily adapt to using homemade tacos. It's on my "Food" board. Thursday will find us eating the frozen Shepherd's Pie leftover from a thread a few weeks ago with veggies taken from the soup gently mixed in----because as I recall there were not many veggies added to that pie. Friday, chicken will be served---found a great sale on drumsticks which my husband loves. I divided them up into five nights of dinners for him. I have chicken breasts which I love that are frozen too. So, we will have some sort of chicken meal probably with roasted red potatoes which we need to use up (we have a couple hundred pounds from last year's garden. I will use the leftover soup for broth for a sauce to put over the chicken. Leftover spaghetti sauce from two weeks ago will be thawed and used to make several small lasagnas on Saturday, some of which I will freeze. We order from Bountiful Baskets Co-op and are getting, among other things, an Italian veggie lovers'pack. I will use some of those items for the lasagnas and a big Italian salad (think Olive Garden!) served with my Parmesan Balsamic Vinegar dressing. Later today: a recipe for Lasagna! Kathi~
|
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete