Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013



About this week's expenses
for main courses:
This was a big buying week for several reasons.
  • It is our co-op week.
  • There were some sales and many things were on sale (unadvertised).
  • The meal threads last week used up a lot of food we had on hand.
  • Weather prevented my going out.
  • Plans changed a couple of times.
  • I ran out of fresh produce and some dairy at the same time.
It is hard to calculate what I spend each week because the way I shop and the way I cook are very different. So, my shopping tends to change from week to week. Since my husband owns his own business, money does not come in for household use on a regular basis. We get paid when projects are done and clients pay what they owe us. This affects how I shop. Some weeks I only shop at our local store but most weeks I go into town for at least some needed items. Our local store is my go-to sales store. I missed a big sale today simply because it was not posted online----or at least, I did not see it. No matter........ In town I go to Costco and our natural food store----sometimes getting more than at other times. For non-food items I go to Walmart.
I don't shop every week necessarily. It just depends on what I have and what I plan to do with what I have and when we are paid.
I guess that is what doing the best with what you've got is all about! Kathi~ PS I hope you can all read this easily. I have edited this for spacing several times and each time something jumps out of place when I publish it. Sorry.........

No comments:

Post a Comment