Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Moistest, Richest, Raspberry-est, Chocolate-y-est
 Delicious-est, Ugliest Dessert!
.....first-est thing I baked in my new oven!
And the worst-est pictures I have ever posted!

First attempt at taking a decent picture.....fail.
Second attempt at taking a picture with a different piece and plate.
Trying to get artsy with the presentation.
Fail!
Taste and the look on my husband's face as he took his first bite.
Not fail!
Success!

I just had to post this because when I bake without a recipe what I create is usually a disaster. Now admittedly the presentation here is a disaster. It looked fine at first and then the raspberry syrup began to run all over the plate and somehow the pink-y, purple syrup changed to a kind of tomato-red in the pictures making it very unattractive I think.
Here's kind of what I did.
I was disappointed when the Shepherd's Pie looked too full, which it was, to bake in my new oven.
I was afraid to bake-on a real mess in the so-clean, new oven.
The oven was already pre-heated so just HAD to put something in it.
So, while the Shepherd's Pie overflowed all over my old 1950's oven as it baked
I mixed up a cake really quickly to put in the new oven.
I added some whole wheat flour---maybe 1 1/2 cups with about a teaspoon of baking powder. I added some kefir, the last of the cold coffee that was in the bottom of the coffee maker carafe, some organic raspberry syrup, about 1/2 to 1 cup loose real brown sugar, cocoa powder until I got the dark color I wanted, 2 eggs, and about 1/2 cup of coconut oil. Then, just for fun, and a little decadence, I grabbed a couple handsful of organic dark chocolate chips. I beat it all together quickly with a soup spoon. I am not sure the coconut oil completely mixed in with the rest of the batter but I put it in the oven anyway.
It rose nicely, smelled divine and was fun to watch through the glass in my new lighted wall oven!
We had some after dinner while it was still very warm and melty
with a drizzle of more raspberry syrup and a few chocolate chips on top.
Oh, my!!
 It was so moist and gooey--more so than a brownie and much lighter. The top was sticky with the raspberry syrup that somehow rose to the top and bubbled as the brownie/cake baked.
Nice surprise that made my husband very happy.
Not just because he adores chocolate but because I finally used the new wall oven he got me!
Sorry my recipe couldn't be more exact.
But, I just love to create things.
It's so fun, especially when they turn out so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment