Quick Saving Tip: Cutting Hair at Home......before you run for the scissors
please read this waiver/warning:
I am not responsible for any cut ears, pinched skin, hair in the eyes, or
humiliatingly bad hair cuts.
You have been warned!
Do this at your own risk!
Ha!
I am sure many of you already do this.
And I am sure all of you know this:
A lot of money can be saved by cutting your family's hair at home.
A lot of humiliation can be suffered by your family if
you do not know how----are not very good at it.
So, let's just say, it isn't for everyone.
I cut our children's hair when they were little----bangs and trims are easy.
Our son's hair which was jet-straight until he was about 16 and who has a cowlick just
a ...um, hair...off-center was a bit of a challenge.
And after the time that I thinned it out waaaaay too much making him look like a
bad hair transplant customer, we started taking him to a barber .
If it had been curly like it is now, it would, no doubt have been far easier
for me to cut.
The girls too went to stylists as they wanted more intricate hair styles.
I have cut my own hair since I was about 13. The few times I did go to a professional
my hair was butchered.
I have very curly hair which I have straightened chemically and which I now use a flat iron on after blow drying it. It isn't frizzy, but has ringlets all over. I'd leave it that way since so many ladies pay a fortune to have it permed like that. But since my hair has turned almost totally white
it does not look good that way on me.
Very few people seem to know how to cut naturally curly hair and even fewer will listen when they cut or style it when I tell them that my hair shrinks several inches once dry
or can't be curled with a small barrel curling iron or, in the olden days, a small
curler.
I am not responsible for any cut ears, pinched skin, hair in the eyes, or
humiliatingly bad hair cuts.
You have been warned!
Do this at your own risk!
Ha!
I am sure many of you already do this.
And I am sure all of you know this:
A lot of money can be saved by cutting your family's hair at home.
A lot of humiliation can be suffered by your family if
you do not know how----are not very good at it.
So, let's just say, it isn't for everyone.
I cut our children's hair when they were little----bangs and trims are easy.
Our son's hair which was jet-straight until he was about 16 and who has a cowlick just
a ...um, hair...off-center was a bit of a challenge.
And after the time that I thinned it out waaaaay too much making him look like a
bad hair transplant customer, we started taking him to a barber .
If it had been curly like it is now, it would, no doubt have been far easier
for me to cut.
The girls too went to stylists as they wanted more intricate hair styles.
I have cut my own hair since I was about 13. The few times I did go to a professional
my hair was butchered.
I have very curly hair which I have straightened chemically and which I now use a flat iron on after blow drying it. It isn't frizzy, but has ringlets all over. I'd leave it that way since so many ladies pay a fortune to have it permed like that. But since my hair has turned almost totally white
it does not look good that way on me.
Very few people seem to know how to cut naturally curly hair and even fewer will listen when they cut or style it when I tell them that my hair shrinks several inches once dry
or can't be curled with a small barrel curling iron or, in the olden days, a small
curler.
I suffered severe humiliation when given a Vidal Sassoon style cut when I was in college
which was covered almost immediately with a wig until it grew out.
After my husband got out of the U S Marine Corps I began giving him hair cuts and still do unless he is really busy and just goes into his favorite barber who does a really nice job.
His barber works much more efficiently and quickly than I do so my husband gets
impatient.
That reminds me. He needs a trim badly.
He just got home early........
Oh, HONEY???????
Where ARE my scissors?
Snip, snip.......
Kathi~
which was covered almost immediately with a wig until it grew out.
After my husband got out of the U S Marine Corps I began giving him hair cuts and still do unless he is really busy and just goes into his favorite barber who does a really nice job.
His barber works much more efficiently and quickly than I do so my husband gets
impatient.
That reminds me. He needs a trim badly.
He just got home early........
Oh, HONEY???????
Where ARE my scissors?
Snip, snip.......
Kathi~
No comments:
Post a Comment