Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine Dinner

Though we didn't go out for dinner for Valentine's Day,
we did splurge a little  for a nice meal.
at home.
My dear husband had to go to town today and so stopped at four of the six places
I needed to go.
I still have to go in tomorrow but now I only have two instead of several places to go.
He went to Costco and our natural food store.
He also told me he didn't want me to have to make a dessert tonight as I usually do, but
that he'd pick one up for us.
So, while he headed north I went south to do our normal grocery shopping.
Cantaloupes were on sale as were a few other items. We only needed a few items
from all the stores combined so I used some of the extra money on my husband's
favorite foods. I picked out some New York steaks which were on sale, marked down
even more and enough for three meals for us. I picked out a favorite red wine and got the
natural sourdough our market sells. I picked out a small container of blue cheese which
we like crumbled on our salads (my husband's is shown above) served with my
 homemade balsamic vinegar dressing.
The blue cheese goes farther being used this way.
Everything turned out great. We had a nice time relaxing together
and having a slice of  the all natural Hazelnut Wine cake Jim bought at
our natural food store with a sip or two of  red wine.
Very nice day. Relaxing and simple.

Today is the anniversary of our first date 42 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment