~Happy Valentine's Day~
I hope you all have a lovely day.
Valentine's Day can be fun, romantic, delicious---whatever you
want to make it. My husband surprised me last night with a lovely flower
arrangement in a pretty vase. He gave it to me a day early so that I could enjoy it
longer. He bent down, kissed me and told me he loved me---- twice! He had the most winning
grin on his face. I wonder how big he'll grin when he eats his homemade cheesecake tonight. We have been married going on 41 years and this is what we always do. He brings me flowers,I make his favorite dessert. It is good to have traditions. Tho' we should not save romance for one day per year.............I like Valentine's Day. I like the little things of the day. I do not want a diamond ring, expensive perfume, a car, candy, one of those giant bears or little girl pajamas.For me it's what comes from the heart, the simple things. A dear friend while speaking at our church's Ladies Luncheon shared the day her husband, who had been working in the woods, brought her a
Valentine's Day can be fun, romantic, delicious---whatever you
want to make it. My husband surprised me last night with a lovely flower
arrangement in a pretty vase. He gave it to me a day early so that I could enjoy it
longer. He bent down, kissed me and told me he loved me---- twice! He had the most winning
grin on his face. I wonder how big he'll grin when he eats his homemade cheesecake tonight. We have been married going on 41 years and this is what we always do. He brings me flowers,I make his favorite dessert. It is good to have traditions. Tho' we should not save romance for one day per year.............I like Valentine's Day. I like the little things of the day. I do not want a diamond ring, expensive perfume, a car, candy, one of those giant bears or little girl pajamas.For me it's what comes from the heart, the simple things. A dear friend while speaking at our church's Ladies Luncheon shared the day her husband, who had been working in the woods, brought her a
comb which he had carved for her on his break. He also gathered a bouquet of buttercups
for her. This showed her that he had been thinking about her while he was working. She
told me she still has it and was looking at it fondly remembering and missing the buttercups
he used to bring her when he still worked in the woods. She encouraged us not to
take lightly the carved combs and buttercups we get from our loved ones.
I remember fondly and with chuckles the Valentine's Day that my
husband brought me an elk heart. He had a special hunting
permit that year and came home on Valentine's Day.
We didn't have much in those days and
it was in no way romantic. But it did
show me he thought of me, and
loved me. We laughed and
laughed that day.
It's the small things.
Have a lovely
day!
Remember, doing the best with what you've got extends into many areas of life
Do not be beguiled by what the world tempts you to expect.
Expectation kills love.
Take joy in the little things of life for they are real.
Be content with and thankful for what you have.
Give love and you will receive love.
for her. This showed her that he had been thinking about her while he was working. She
told me she still has it and was looking at it fondly remembering and missing the buttercups
he used to bring her when he still worked in the woods. She encouraged us not to
take lightly the carved combs and buttercups we get from our loved ones.
I remember fondly and with chuckles the Valentine's Day that my
husband brought me an elk heart. He had a special hunting
permit that year and came home on Valentine's Day.
We didn't have much in those days and
it was in no way romantic. But it did
show me he thought of me, and
loved me. We laughed and
laughed that day.
It's the small things.
Have a lovely
day!
Remember, doing the best with what you've got extends into many areas of life
Do not be beguiled by what the world tempts you to expect.
Expectation kills love.
Take joy in the little things of life for they are real.
Be content with and thankful for what you have.
Give love and you will receive love.
And, above all, remember God loves you and will never leave you.
If this is ALL we have now it is much more than we could ever hope or dream of having.
May God bless you always.
Kathi~
If this is ALL we have now it is much more than we could ever hope or dream of having.
May God bless you always.
Kathi~

In the area I typed this out painstakingly making the text into the shape of a heart this looked great. However when it posted it changed. Not that it really matter much, I'm just saying.................
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day!