"Weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning." Psalms 30:5 ~ Actually the grief returned the last two mornings and subsides only as it wears me out.
Thank you, Barb. The grief is less but I have a very sore throat, a cough, and am so tired and achy today. This verse does encourage me, knowing I will get better. The grief and missing Mom will change but never totally go away. I long for the day that, like with my dad's and brother's deaths, the pain will be replaced with happy memories, tho' I will always miss them. When I get sick I get emotionally sensitive so I think that's why the grief hit me so hard the other day. What do people do who do not have a relationship with the Lord----how can they bear it with only earthly comforts? I shudder to think.
Love this Bible verse - joy comes in the morning! Hope you feel better today.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Barb. The grief is less but I have a very sore throat, a cough, and am so tired and achy today. This verse does encourage me, knowing I will get better. The grief and missing Mom will change but never totally go away. I long for the day that, like with my dad's and brother's deaths, the pain will be replaced with happy memories, tho' I will always miss them.
ReplyDeleteWhen I get sick I get emotionally sensitive so I think that's why the grief hit me so hard the other day. What do people do who do not have a relationship with the Lord----how can they bear it with only earthly comforts? I shudder to think.