Picture of the Shepherd's Pie
....from the meatloaf thread, from the freezer
This spilled over in the oven a little bit since I added more veggies to this frozen dish. Kind of a mess in my old oven. I saw it was too liquid-y after I added more veggies from Monday's soup so I did not put it in my new wall oven!
Had I not added more veggies (there were not many veggies left the week I did the meatloaf thread so I made a mental note to add more when I was ready to serve it. I added too many!
The mashed potatoes were great but not the quality of freshly-made mashed potatoes. They did not turn color and were not watery, just not what I'd call creamy. AND grated cheese covers a lot of shortcomings!
But.....both my husband and I thought it was delicious last night with a big salad (things on plate above were just garnish) of raw veggies and again this morning heated up and served with eggs.
I still have another serving or two left! Lunch tomorrow whirled in a blender with milk and served with half sandwiches or wraps.
From that meatloaf thread of leftover meals I still have (in the freezer) a spaghetti pizza and some sauce for lasagna that I'll make tomorrow (as well as the Chicken Cacciatore from the leftover barbequed chicken we're having tonight) after we see exactly what is in our Italian pack that will come with our Bountiful Baskets co-op conventional basket in the morning .
Just to warn you. I am eyeing a 24 lb. turkey we have in our freezer.
Now, that will be a long leftover thread!
Kathi~
....from the meatloaf thread, from the freezer
This spilled over in the oven a little bit since I added more veggies to this frozen dish. Kind of a mess in my old oven. I saw it was too liquid-y after I added more veggies from Monday's soup so I did not put it in my new wall oven!
Had I not added more veggies (there were not many veggies left the week I did the meatloaf thread so I made a mental note to add more when I was ready to serve it. I added too many!
The mashed potatoes were great but not the quality of freshly-made mashed potatoes. They did not turn color and were not watery, just not what I'd call creamy. AND grated cheese covers a lot of shortcomings!
But.....both my husband and I thought it was delicious last night with a big salad (things on plate above were just garnish) of raw veggies and again this morning heated up and served with eggs.
I still have another serving or two left! Lunch tomorrow whirled in a blender with milk and served with half sandwiches or wraps.
From that meatloaf thread of leftover meals I still have (in the freezer) a spaghetti pizza and some sauce for lasagna that I'll make tomorrow (as well as the Chicken Cacciatore from the leftover barbequed chicken we're having tonight) after we see exactly what is in our Italian pack that will come with our Bountiful Baskets co-op conventional basket in the morning .
Just to warn you. I am eyeing a 24 lb. turkey we have in our freezer.
Now, that will be a long leftover thread!
Kathi~

No comments:
Post a Comment