A Busy Saturday
....but a very satisfying one in which we got a lot accomplished!
Today started off way too early. Up at 7AM to pick up our co-op order
.It was a lovely, sunny day, windy and cold.
Exhilarating.
Today started off way too early. Up at 7AM to pick up our co-op order
.It was a lovely, sunny day, windy and cold.
Exhilarating.
When we delivered our daughter and her family's order, dropped ours off at home we headed to a yard/house sale near here.
We passed up the temptingly beautiful, antique Victrola that was over $100 but bought a black metal shelving unit for our kitchen for $10 (pic below).
It is up and the shelves are filled, freeing up counter space and office shelves (where I kept the cookbooks).
I have a pile to get rid of----I don't use cook books except for ideas. I rarely actually find a recipe I want to make the way the recipe says.
It is nice to have my cookbooks on this shelving unit with some fruit, antique kitchen gadgets
We passed up the temptingly beautiful, antique Victrola that was over $100 but bought a black metal shelving unit for our kitchen for $10 (pic below).
It is up and the shelves are filled, freeing up counter space and office shelves (where I kept the cookbooks).
I have a pile to get rid of----I don't use cook books except for ideas. I rarely actually find a recipe I want to make the way the recipe says.
It is nice to have my cookbooks on this shelving unit with some fruit, antique kitchen gadgets
and a few other items.
My husband also fixed my ailing vacuum. So nice to have one that actually works again!
The entire problem was from a Christmas ornament hook!
I tackled the utility closet throwing out out-dated things or things I know I'll never use.
I put everything in plastic organizers by category.
I also used my new oven again for "barbecued" chicken and I made potato salad, sliced up some raw veggies and a handful of chips onto our plates. The leftover chicken will be Chicken Cacciatore tomorrow served with pasta. I ran out of time to make the few night's of lasagna.
My husband and our son-in-law took the oven out of the cabinet and made the necessary adjustments to the electrical and so now the oven fits into the oven hole. Our son-in-law made a piece of trim for the top and my husband will stain and finish it when he can outside so the fumes don't bother me.
So, it was a very nice day. Here are some pictures of some of what we did today.
My husband also fixed my ailing vacuum. So nice to have one that actually works again!
The entire problem was from a Christmas ornament hook!
I tackled the utility closet throwing out out-dated things or things I know I'll never use.
I put everything in plastic organizers by category.
I also used my new oven again for "barbecued" chicken and I made potato salad, sliced up some raw veggies and a handful of chips onto our plates. The leftover chicken will be Chicken Cacciatore tomorrow served with pasta. I ran out of time to make the few night's of lasagna.
My husband and our son-in-law took the oven out of the cabinet and made the necessary adjustments to the electrical and so now the oven fits into the oven hole. Our son-in-law made a piece of trim for the top and my husband will stain and finish it when he can outside so the fumes don't bother me.
So, it was a very nice day. Here are some pictures of some of what we did today.
The unit on the left is what we bought today at the yard sale. My husband anchored it to the wall to steady it. The hanging wire baskets hold cloth napkins for everyday use and some trivets and bananas.
Barbecue-sauced chicken drums ( I had s chicken breast, do not care for the drumsticks)
chips, potato salad and sliced cukes. My husband had the last raspberry-chocolate brownie tonight too.
Made double the chicken so I can use it and the sauce to make an Italian chicken dish. I had enough cooked potatoes left over (and a slightly flawed green pepper from our co/op and an onion to use up. I chopped them all to cook for breakfast some time together and have with eggs.
Got a lot accomplished and am so tired.
Goodnight!
chips, potato salad and sliced cukes. My husband had the last raspberry-chocolate brownie tonight too.
Made double the chicken so I can use it and the sauce to make an Italian chicken dish. I had enough cooked potatoes left over (and a slightly flawed green pepper from our co/op and an onion to use up. I chopped them all to cook for breakfast some time together and have with eggs.
Got a lot accomplished and am so tired.
Goodnight!
K~


No comments:
Post a Comment