Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wellness Wednesdays
.....something new starting tomorrow

I know when I first started blogging in January I wrote that I would not badger anyone about good nutrition. I feel the same way now. However, I have become frustrated  at times feeling as though I could not, should not talk about healthy foods. So, I have decided that on Wednesdays I will discuss certain topics regarding bettering our nutrition and hopefully, health. So, if any of you are not interested or are against eating this way then don't read my Wednesday blogs.
Simple.
I do not want to offend or judge anyone but I do want to give sound information. Being rather generic in my recipes---altho' you may have noticed that lately I have added certain health words to my blog----has not worked for me.
I am hoping this will work.

I must say that I know what it is like not to have enough money to buy foods you know are healthier for you.  I hope things I have learned over the years will help you to afford those things you would like to eat that are healthier. We spent many years in poverty and even in the good years have struggled to a certain extent. We still cannot afford to buy everything as nutritious as we'd like it to be all of the time.
I understand.
I will share our story sometime with you so you will understand that I do sympathize. 
I have experienced hard times over the years.
I know what it's like to live hand-to-mouth, being in more of a survival mode.
I know the feelings, the fears, the needs, the humiliation...  
I also have felt the gratitude toward those who help, to those whose hearts God, 
Himself, has touched to help in times of need.

So, always following the theme of this blog "doing the best with what you've got",
I hope to help those of you who want to change or who need encouragement and ideas
to eat a healthier diet.
If you're not interested come on over anyway if you're curious.

Hope to "see" you here tomorrow for the start of the journey to better nutrition!
Kathi~





No comments:

Post a Comment