Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Reminiscing
......March 2, 1972

Taken after our engagement
Christmas Day 1972


About this time after our wedding rehearsal we, our families and the wedding party were gathered at Jose's Mexican Restaurant enjoying the marvelous food and some toasts.

The rehearsal went well and I still laugh at the memory of being told to hold our shower-ribbon and paper-plate "bouquets" at the right height by putting our thumbs in our belly buttons. We giggled like little girls and it was the one trick that worked to keep my father from crying as he walked me down the aisle two days later reminding me to put my thumb in my belly button as we laughed.

Such happy memories. I love to bring them to mind every year for the last 41 when March 2nd. rolls around.
Some don't feel that celebrating anniversaries are important. But I think it is important to mark important dates.
I believe it teaches our children about what is important in life.
My husband and I made a life-long commitment before God and man on March 4, 1972.
Remembering it with joy and great affection
shows them you still have that same heart-felt commitment.
It shows you still love each other.
It rekindles and reminds us of the way we felt long ago, what attracted us to each other, what made us want to commit to each other for life and that we honor that and always will.
I am glad to have a life's mate who remembers these things too.
Okay......WITH prompting!
Though he will not remember certain details only we women seem to remember, he still enjoys it and I love that he will ask me if I remember what I wore that night and we will laugh together because I do!
My favorite (too-) short aqua dress with the cap sleeves and covered-button front and white sandals!
Ha!
Goodnight.
Kathi~

No comments:

Post a Comment