Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Mercies of the Lord
...after a very frustrating day
I am so tired and frustrated after staying up until almost dawn looking for two papers I had to have by this morning and, after only finding one,  I have run out of places to look.  I had a bad day on the phone, trying to get an entity in a different state to answer their phones or allow me to leave a voice mail, to correct a problem that was not my fault. I take a breath.....

After having our cordless phone go dead, someone tells me this place does not answer or call back cell phones (huh?). After our LAN line phone should have charged, but didn't, I see that it is not only too late to call that office but also the other one here that I needed to call has also closed. All this because two government agencies goofed up, one here, one out of state. Those employees that I did reach were great and so helpful----it is the system I am up against! I take another deep breath, attempting to let out the tension.......

So, after I relax a little .....breathe.....pray......organize the bazillion notes on small pieces of paper so I can transfer them to a big note so I can understand them when I attempt this all over again tomorrow the phone rings. It is no one. Again. This has happened twice today.......another breath...........

 I go back into the office to look in places this paper should not be but may have been mislaid. You know how when you can't find something you look everywhere. You look even in non-nonsensical places. You search even more than once---- or twice. I am feeling desperate by now and about in tears. I have been dealing with this for two days now and dreading tomorrow, the third day. "They" say "third time's the charm" but "they" also say, "Three strikes and you're out!"   Hmmmm..........I won't go "there".....failure is not an option.

My cell phone rings. I know it is my husband by the ring. I am standing in the office  holding up two wooden files filled with papers, some notebooks and folders hoping nothing will fall while I look through another stack of papers. I can't answer the phone. I finish just when the phone stops ringing. I call him back. He tells me he has had to run into town and has called to ask if there anything he can pick up for me at Costco since I never made it to town as planned today. What a dear man........I give him a small list. And I smile knowing that he will bring home more. Knowing that I will smile. Taking pleasure that this pleases him. Okay, I smiled..........

I go to the kitchen to do the morning dishes I didn't have time to do earlier because I had to sleep a little longer after being up all night, and because I was on the phone! I notice that the meat and black beans in my little crockpot are done and ready to fill the tacos for dinner tonight. I had forgotten to thaw my salsa, but my husband is picking that up along with some other groceries and a prescription.Clean kitchen, dinner almost ready, husband doing the shopping... I smile........

Now, I sit back for a moment  at the keyboard to share this thought with you.....God is merciful.
He has calmed my heart and supplied my needs. And suddenly peace about this situation I have been dealing with floods my heart and soul. Again, I smile....

And as I type, as a little touch of beauty, He knows will delight me,  He sends a chubby little robin to the hanging planter which is now swinging back and forth under the weight of this bird.  I can see through the library window---oh, there are two, now four finches playing on our roof eaves and the robin has gone. Ah, the small joys......I watch them play...

"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever:
 with my mouth will I make known
thy faithfulness 
to all generations."

Now that verse, put to music, fills my brain and satisfies my heart.
I almost expect someone to come to our door with warm, just-fried corn tortillas, shredded lettuce and grated cheese. Oh, and of course, the paper I have searched for in vain, in his or her hands!
I smile and give a little laugh.........

Thank you, Lord.

Have a great evening, everyone!
Kathi~




No comments:

Post a Comment