Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday
......two ingredient chocolate chip cookies

This is a recipe I made up from something I heard about.
I feel compelled to change recipes and I still do not use exact measurements.
But this recipe lends itself to
experimentation.
I hope you enjoy them!

Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 1 or 2 egg whites whipped until stiff peaks form
  • about 1/8 cup of mini-chocolate chips or whatever looks right. You want a few chips in each
    bite.
  • (Optional: I have added, as an experiment, finely chopped pecans)
  • Separate the whites from the yolks of one or two eggs (I usually use two simply because
    I cannot beat one egg white very well in any of my bowls).
  • Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form
  • Gently fold in chocolate chips (and finely chopped or crushed pecans --I chose pecans because they are soft.  Walnuts and other bitter nut meats do not work well because the chocolate chips are the only sweetener in this recipe and the eggs whites don't work well
    with heavier nuts).
  • Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet or on one that has been lined with parchment
    paper---sometimes these spread well and other times they don't----I never know, so give
    them enough space so they don't touch each other
  • Bake at about 350 until the egg whites are set up and a little, not too, golden. Watch carefully.
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool just a bit
  • Remove from cookie sheet very carefully placing them on a flat surface to set up completely

These are kind of unusual but because the chips are so small you get one or more in every bite and so the cookie is sweet.
I think regular sized chips would be too heavy for the egg whites to handle.
Have fun experimenting.
Kathi~







No comments:

Post a Comment