Happy First Day of Spring
........Do you like the color brown? How about gray?
Oh, look, the first sprouts of green!
........Do you like the color brown? How about gray?
Oh, look, the first sprouts of green!
Yesterday it snowed here.
And it was gorgeous!
Today we have gotten some sprinkly rain.
The sun is shining only occasionally on the very tops of our foothills and mountains
which are still covered with snow.
This is Springtime in the Rockies!
I am glad today is gloomy
for no other reason than I have soup planned for dinner tonight.
Our soup meals will turn into salad dinners as the weather gets warm.
We hope to get the usual spring rains soon
Our soup meals will turn into salad dinners as the weather gets warm.
We hope to get the usual spring rains soon
so our summer will be a green one and there won't be any,
or as many, forest fires.
Years ago we got thunder storms, brief and sudden wild storms
or as many, forest fires.
Years ago we got thunder storms, brief and sudden wild storms
that left everything so freshly green, golden with sunlight
and almost always leaving a rainbow or two for us to enjoy.
So far we have robins everywhere all fluffed out because it is cold.
Bunnies---okay, rabbits---adorable cottontails are hopping around our property probably looking for nests and greens to munch.
Yesterday's snow melt and the Sun revealed green grass sprouting up in our lawns and pastures.
Spiders, flies and wasps are coming alive inside our house---this I do not like.
So far we have robins everywhere all fluffed out because it is cold.
Bunnies---okay, rabbits---adorable cottontails are hopping around our property probably looking for nests and greens to munch.
Yesterday's snow melt and the Sun revealed green grass sprouting up in our lawns and pastures.
Spiders, flies and wasps are coming alive inside our house---this I do not like.
Everything is starting to come back to life----both the good things and those I consider bad,
which I am sure God created for a reason other than to annoy and scare me.
My mind wanders to how I want to plant our porch pots and planters, the new redwood planter my husband is planning to build, whether eventho' we're "not" growing a garden per se this year whether we should at least grow tomatoes, plant winter squash to cover certain areas of the yard, potatoes for the chickens, oh, and I MUST have pumpkins to bring in during Autumn. Oh, yes, and I saw on Pinterest how to grow perfect carrots in big porch pots and celery and lettuce from the stems I ordinarily chop up for the chickens. And.........
You see where this is going?
We do this every year that we do not grow a garden.
We usually end up with 12 to 25 tomato plants, lettuces, pumpkins, winter squash, zucchini and patty pan summer squash---oh, and sunflowers for the wild birds.
This is us NOT growing a garden!
Our friends laugh when we tell them, "No garden this season."
They know.
For us this is a ritual of Spring.
which I am sure God created for a reason other than to annoy and scare me.
My mind wanders to how I want to plant our porch pots and planters, the new redwood planter my husband is planning to build, whether eventho' we're "not" growing a garden per se this year whether we should at least grow tomatoes, plant winter squash to cover certain areas of the yard, potatoes for the chickens, oh, and I MUST have pumpkins to bring in during Autumn. Oh, yes, and I saw on Pinterest how to grow perfect carrots in big porch pots and celery and lettuce from the stems I ordinarily chop up for the chickens. And.........
You see where this is going?
We do this every year that we do not grow a garden.
We usually end up with 12 to 25 tomato plants, lettuces, pumpkins, winter squash, zucchini and patty pan summer squash---oh, and sunflowers for the wild birds.
This is us NOT growing a garden!
Our friends laugh when we tell them, "No garden this season."
They know.
For us this is a ritual of Spring.
It is as certain as the rains, the sun, the birds and flowers.Spring is full of promise.
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
I love the expectation of it all.
I hope you do too!
Kathi~
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1
I love the expectation of it all.
I hope you do too!
Kathi~
No comments:
Post a Comment