Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Town?
...... a little of this, a little of that

Today I am heading to town to finish up the shopping that needs to be done
for the upcoming week.
Since I was at that grocery store sale in the small town south of us yesterday
and found such great deals (you can read about it on yesterday's post)
there is not much that I need to buy.
That sounds very nice, doesn't it?

Well, I guess it is however, when this happens it usually means many
stops. At each place I buy a little of this, a little of that.
Most of my time is spent in traffic or looking for parking and
at check-out stands.
They say it is supposed to rain.
Hmmmm.....

Sometimes I look at my list and decide it isn't
worth the trip to town---the gas, my time...
Unfortunately this is not one of those weeks.
I must go.
Sigh....

I am hoping I find everything we need and get some errands done too.
Getting things done is always a good thing, right?
Yes....
Okay, I will focus on how nice it will be to accomplish necessary things.
Yeah....

 It  will be fun picking out a couple of birthday presents.
It seems most of our family was born in April during the first 3 weeks.
. I already know exactly what I am going to get so it should be fairly painless!
I love buying birthday presents!

If I do not allow myself to get distracted I can whip in and out of stores really quickly.
That's not so bad.
Okay....

If I get an early start I should be home before dinner time.
I will buy a couple deli salads and rolls to have our
usual, been-in-town-all-day dinner from our natural food store. 
So, no dishes, no real prep....just time
to spend with my husband, relaxing and enjoying the beginning of our weekend 
and looking forward to
our youngest daughter's visit to us.
Can't wait to see her and later, her husband, and one of our delightful
grandchildren!
Oh, and their Lab puppy!

Hey, this is sounding pretty nice after all.

Guess sometimes we have to look for the good in
what we need to do but don't especially want to until we think about it.

I'd better get going..........
I hope you have as pleasant a day as it looks like I will have!
Kathi~

No comments:

Post a Comment