Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tasty Tuesday
.....Monday and Tuesday nights' dinners and a challenge for a
leftover thread!


This is a picture of the salad we had last night for dinner. We had eaten kind of heavily Sunday
afternoon----- things we don't ordinarily eat---- so my husband asked for something lighter and I agreed.
There were leftover salads---three bean and marinated cucumber/onion salad.
I changed the menu from what I was going to make just slightly.

This was Monday's dinner:
  • I put some of the three bean salad on top of  Romaine lettuce and
    shredded  green cabbage pouring the marinade from both salads over the leaves. 
  • I sliced and  sauteed the mushrooms, with white onion slivers and the broccoli
  • I placed the marinated cucumbers around the edges of the salad.
  • I soaked some hardened sour dough bread in the marinades and then added them to the saute pan to soften and get warm
  • On the very top I added a small dollop of leftover deviled egg filling. 
It was a nice, light dinner.

Tonight:
  • I cooked whole grain, organic pasta and drained it
  • added the last of the sour cream 
  • broke up and added some cooked fish
  • all  the rest of the three bean salad with olives was added 
  • added the last  2 ounce piece of mozzarella. 
  • it was a little boring so I added some salsa---not enough to change the light color
    of the dish, just enough for some zip! 
There is enough left over to add, at the last minute, to steamy chicken soup.

I will start a new thread on Thursday.
Our local store is having a sale that day and just about everything on my shopping list is on sale! 
Wow, that never happens! 

What's on sale that I intend to buy:
  • whole pineapple
  • tomatoes
  • several kinds of meat
  • avocados
  • cauliflower
  • broccoli
  • small watermelons
  • apples
  • cantaloupe
  • strawberries
  • several kinds of fish
  • cheese
  • red and green grapes
  • spinach
  • organic baby herb salad
  • red potatoes
  • organic Greek yogurt

    What I have on hand:
  • soy sauce
  • cabbage, green onions, mushrooms
  • shredded unsweetened coconut
  • nuts and seeds
  • oranges that need to be juiced
  • brown rice
  • eggs
  • chicken, whole
  • beef ribs to grill
  • apples that aren't crisp
  • rice flour
  • organic dark chocolate chips
  • pecans
  • cinnamon
  • turmeric

And, of course lots of other things!
I listed these things because I have several
nights of entrees in mind.
I will share them with you tomorrow.
But today, play with my lists and see what you come up with.
Enjoy being creative!

Share any ideas you have with me!

Goodnight,
Kathi~

No comments:

Post a Comment