Supermarket Sale
......what a bunch of great deals
I am so excited! I found so many great prices on the sale at our market today!
I not only bought a lot of fresh produce for about half the price I usually pay for it.
I found many unadvertised deals too, especially in the meat department.
When meat, fish or chicken nears it's "best by" date they mark it down.
Usually things are from $ .50 to $3.00 off. I believe this goes by the price per pound which is nice because since I buy by the serving, I can afford
to buy things I normally might not be able to afford (or, can't bring myself to pay what they're asking!)
I didn't buy any meat that wasn't marked off except a fourth of a pound of tiny shrimp to
go in the egg rolls we are having this week.
I bought chicken thighs, a small steak cut up into stir-fry-sized pieces, some fish, a very small piece of round steak that I'll use in a recipe. The small organic chicken that was marked down too
will be just right for a soup with meals to follow with the meat and more broth after I de-bone the
bird, after it has made us delicious chicken soup.
Most of the meat packages were
......what a bunch of great deals
I am so excited! I found so many great prices on the sale at our market today!
I not only bought a lot of fresh produce for about half the price I usually pay for it.
I found many unadvertised deals too, especially in the meat department.
When meat, fish or chicken nears it's "best by" date they mark it down.
Usually things are from $ .50 to $3.00 off. I believe this goes by the price per pound which is nice because since I buy by the serving, I can afford
to buy things I normally might not be able to afford (or, can't bring myself to pay what they're asking!)
I didn't buy any meat that wasn't marked off except a fourth of a pound of tiny shrimp to
go in the egg rolls we are having this week.
I bought chicken thighs, a small steak cut up into stir-fry-sized pieces, some fish, a very small piece of round steak that I'll use in a recipe. The small organic chicken that was marked down too
will be just right for a soup with meals to follow with the meat and more broth after I de-bone the
bird, after it has made us delicious chicken soup.
Most of the meat packages were
around $2 each for the whole package, not by the pound.
Bananas and cantaloupe were $.38 a pound.
Fuji apples, avocados and fresh pineapples were $ .78 per pound.
Romas, broccoli, cauliflower were $.98/lb.
Red and green grapes were an okay price as was zucchini.
Grapes and zucchini rarely sell for a good price so even though they weren't a spectacular buy
I bought them and most everything else because we always buy those products
and because, after I saw the store's ad, I planned my meals around the sale items.
Big heads of celery with lots of leaves at the top were $.88/lb
I always hunt for leafy celery because it adds so much flavor to soups and other dishes.
I got a great deal on celery last time I shopped so I need to cut the older celery up and
put it in the freezer for a quick add to dishes. They break apart easily so you
can just use what you need. I freeze the leaves separately in smaller bags to add to broths.
Individual water melon seemed like a great price but when I saw them, they were
really small, so I passed them up.
I wish you all could have gone to this sale and saved as much money as I did!
It was fun shopping today and I ran into two ladies I know which is always nice!
Bananas and cantaloupe were $.38 a pound.
Fuji apples, avocados and fresh pineapples were $ .78 per pound.
Romas, broccoli, cauliflower were $.98/lb.
Red and green grapes were an okay price as was zucchini.
Grapes and zucchini rarely sell for a good price so even though they weren't a spectacular buy
I bought them and most everything else because we always buy those products
and because, after I saw the store's ad, I planned my meals around the sale items.
Big heads of celery with lots of leaves at the top were $.88/lb
I always hunt for leafy celery because it adds so much flavor to soups and other dishes.
I got a great deal on celery last time I shopped so I need to cut the older celery up and
put it in the freezer for a quick add to dishes. They break apart easily so you
can just use what you need. I freeze the leaves separately in smaller bags to add to broths.
Individual water melon seemed like a great price but when I saw them, they were
really small, so I passed them up.
I wish you all could have gone to this sale and saved as much money as I did!
It was fun shopping today and I ran into two ladies I know which is always nice!
I can't wait until my husband comes home so we can relax together.
AFTER we do some work in the basement.
Dinner is done.
AFTER we do some work in the basement.
Dinner is done.
Chicken broth, made(slow-cooked) from last night's roast chicken (bones, skin and fat)
and veggies (onions, celery, mushrooms and carrots) will be poured over
the little bit of leftover organic, whole wheat pasta casserole I
made a couple days ago and some of the chicken that was leftover will be cut and
added also.
And, of course, we will have a nice dinner salad of several kinds of raw veggies and
my balsamic olive oil dressing.
Have a great evening!
Kathi~
and veggies (onions, celery, mushrooms and carrots) will be poured over
the little bit of leftover organic, whole wheat pasta casserole I
made a couple days ago and some of the chicken that was leftover will be cut and
added also.
And, of course, we will have a nice dinner salad of several kinds of raw veggies and
my balsamic olive oil dressing.
Have a great evening!
Kathi~
No comments:
Post a Comment